For decades, PG&E has embraced a commitment to environmental leadership that now serves as an essential element of our sustainability efforts. As we work to combat climate change and create California’s clean energy future, we are expanding supplies of renewable energy, pioneering new ways for customers to save energy, and protecting sensitive habitats and species—always anchored in a commitment to fully meet all environmental requirements.
- Joined California’s delegation at the COP21 Paris climate talks to voice our support and highlight the crucial role gas and electric providers can play in combating climate change.
- Announced a comprehensive climate pledge as part of an Obama Administration initiative to rally U.S. companies behind the need for action on climate change.
- Published our first Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment, examining the risks we face from flooding during severe storms, sea level rise, heat waves, wildfire danger and other climate risks.
- Joined EPA’s Natural Gas Methane Challenge as a founding partner to further reduce emissions from our natural gas transmission and distribution systems.
- Collaborated to address the impacts of California’s drought, including conserving water in our facilities and helping customers save about 1.2 billion gallons through energy efficiency.
- Pledged to invest $100 million over the next five years to electrify our vehicle fleet.
- Set a new five-year goal to achieve top decile reductions in energy, water and waste in our offices and service yards.
- Made additional land transfers as part of the Land Conservation Commitment, which ultimately will permanently protect 140,000 acres of PG&E-owned watershed lands.