Every day, PG&E employees are hard at work: putting our plans into action, partnering with customers and serving as ambassadors in our communities. Their efforts build essential relationships, strengthen our energy systems and ensure that PG&E is there around the clock. To position PG&E for success, we are focused on building and retaining an engaged, well-trained and diverse workforce ready to meet the challenges of our business while our industry faces unprecedented change.
- Continued to create a workplace where every employee is empowered to speak up to share new ideas and raise concerns.
- Exceeded our goal for employee volunteerism, with employees logging 87,000 hours serving our communities by building homes and playgrounds, cleaning state parks and mentoring students.
- Implemented Leading Forward, a program designed to grow leaders at every level and support our goal of filling 75 percent of director-and-above vacancies from within PG&E.
- Engaged more than 5,000 employees, about one-fifth of our workforce, in our Employee Resource Groups, which foster career development, leadership and a culture of inclusion.
- Delivered more than 670,000 hours of technical, leadership and skills training for employees.
- Provided career opportunities for veterans and women through our pioneering PowerPathway™ workforce development program, including enrolling our first-ever class of active-duty military members.
- Continued to see a reduction in health care cost trends for PG&E with our health care plan, which focuses on preventive care and wellness.