Customers and Communities
PG&E’s commitment to our customers starts with providing safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy. In today’s evolving energy landscape, we are working more closely than ever with our customers to understand and meet their energy needs, provide cleaner energy options, and enable individual energy choices. By supporting local economic vitality, we remain focused on helping the communities we serve grow and thrive to create a more prosperous California.
- Maintained our focus on improving the customer experience by relying on insightful data and our presence at the local level to anticipate and meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
- Brought the total number of interconnected private solar customers to more than 250,000—and achieved one of the nation’s fastest processing times to connect them to the grid.
- Launched Step Up and Power Down, an initiative to engage owners, operators and employees of downtown businesses in San Francisco and San Jose in a community-wide movement to reduce energy waste.
- Helped save customers $227 million on their energy bills and avoided the emission of nearly 1.2 million metric tons of CO2 through our energy efficiency programs.
- Proposed a new program to expand electric vehicle charging infrastructure which, if approved, will allow PG&E to deploy 7,500 Level 2 charging stations at commercial and public locations.
- Contributed $25 million to charitable organizations through our Better Together Giving Program—enriching educational opportunities, protecting our environment, advancing emergency preparedness, and supporting local economic and community vitality.
- Achieved industry-leading supplier diversity results, helping thousands of businesses to grow and hire.