At PG&E, our promise of providing safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy to nearly 16 million customers means that we are continually investing in our energy infrastructure. As we add more clean and renewable power to our energy mix, we’re also modernizing our operations, strengthening our gas and electric systems, and building a smarter, safer and more resilient grid to meet our customers’ energy needs, as well as contribute to a more sustainable future for California.
- Convened an external Sustainability Advisory Council to guide our sustainability efforts.
- Created new governance bodies to help build a best-in-class ethics and compliance program under the leadership of our Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Invested more than $5 billion to enhance our infrastructure and improve safety and reliability.
- Completed substantial work across our natural gas system, including deploying new, innovative technologies to find and fix gas leaks faster than ever before.
- Delivered record electric reliability for the seventh straight year, with the average customer experiencing less than one outage during the year.
- Announced a joint proposal with labor and leading environmental organizations that would increase investment in energy efficiency, renewables and storage while phasing out PG&E’s production of nuclear power in California by 2025.
- Made continued investments in solar, wind and other renewable energy resources—delivering an electric power mix comprised of nearly 30 percent eligible renewable energy under California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard.
- Continued to plan for a future grid that can integrate even more solar and renewable energy, electric vehicles and batteries distributed across the system.
- Maintained the nation’s largest investor-owned hydroelectric system—with a focus on working collaboratively to manage these resources during California’s drought.
- Supported public policies that promote clean energy, workforce development, grid innovation and infrastructure investment within California and the nation.
- Contributed $25 million to charitable organizations through our Better Together Giving Program—enriching educational opportunities, protecting our environment, advancing emergency preparedness, and supporting local economic and community vitality.