A pillar of our sustainability journey, PG&E’s commitment to the environment dates back decades. Today, our efforts can be seen in a multitude of ways, spanning our operations, our work in the communities we serve and our relationships with our customers. Our approach begins with fully meeting all environmental requirements and extends to our commitment to increase our use of clean and renewable energy, reduce the impacts of our business, protect sensitive habitats and species, and work locally to help our customers use energy more efficiently.
- Test Collaborated to address the impacts of California’s drought, including conserving water in our facilities and helping customers save about 1.8 billion gallons through energy efficiency.
- Extended our leadership on fleet electrification, introducing the utility industry’s first plug-in electric utility truck that can also provide power for up to 100 homes.
- Partnered to ensure the successful implementation of California’s landmark Global Warming Solutions Act (AB 32), which requires the gradual reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in California to 1990 levels by 2020.
- Achieved our five-year goals for reducing energy, water and waste in our offices and service yards.
- Made our second land transfer as part of the Land Conservation Commitment, which ultimately will permanently protect 140,000 acres of PG&E-owned watershed lands.
- Further integrated climate change adaptation planning into our risk management processes.